02 March, 2012

Perfume and Tigers

My dear Vamps, Ladies, & Gents,

Many of you already know this, but for those who don't, I'm an advocate for animal welfare & animal rights. I love all animals, but have a special connection to cats - domestic and wild. Currently, I'm helping in the Tiger Time campaign to save the tiger from possible extinction in the wild and cruelty on tiger "farms". As of this writing, there are only about 3200 tigers left in the world, yes, the world

If you believe, as I do, that the tiger is worth saving, please visit the Tiger Time website here: Ban Tiger Trade and sign the petition. We need about 13k more signatures before March 13th! At that time the signatures will be brought to the Chinese Embassy to show the world that we believe this magnificent animal deserves to live, and that we won't tolerate poaching or tiger farms.


Please share the Tiger Time petition and website on your social networks to show your friends and family that you don't believe in tiger cruelty either!


I'll sweeten this for you: Sign the petition and you will be entered in a giveaway for a full-size 4.5 ml roller bottle of my Egyptian- inspired fragrance, 'Eye of Ra'! If you share or blog about it, you will get an addition entry! Each share get an entry - for instance, if you share to your Facebook and Twitter, you will have TWO addition entries, making it a total of THREE entries!

After you sign and share, let me know in the comments below! And if you blog, please indicate the blog link also. For instance: "My name is Sara. I signed, Tweeted, Facebooked, and blogged. My blog is: sarawenperfume.blogspot.com!" (that counts for four entries total).

Thank you, and please let your friends know about this giveaway for tigers! ♥


~Sara
Born in the Year of the Tiger

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting about this. Signed the petition & shared on facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I've signed the petition, shared on facebook twice (syurisyndrome and Jasmine Yeung), blogged, youtubed (through the "recent activity" feature) and tweeted (syurisyndrome).
    Thankyou so much for bringing attention to the issue of Tiger Trading, it is such a sad thing. Back in Hong Kong we have petitions for it at schools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info and you care for tigers :0)
    Signed and shared :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara, I'm Naomi and I tweeted, FB'd, signed and blogged
    http://isle-of-shalotte.blogspot.com/
    Naomi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signed the petition. Great cause. Glad to see this contest! Hopefully it will bring more awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shared on facebook, as Amber Anderson.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed and shared on Facebook as Lexie Griggs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for letting us know Sara. Signed and shared!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sara! Thank you for opening my eyes even further to this issue. I knew it was bad, but just wasn't aware how bad exactly! I signed the petition and plan on buying some of the products on the page when I have the money to do so. I would also like to donate in time. The saddest part is that there are some people out there that when they know an animal is rare and endangered it is more of a prize for them and feel as though they have to obtain one. It make me sick that people are so selfish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Signed & shared.

    I just recently "adopted" a Clouded Leopard.
    I, too am an advocate for animal welfare.

    Thank you for bringing this petition to the attention of more people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! <3 I'm glad we could help the tigers!

      (is still me, just my Google name)

      Delete
  11. Signed and shared on FB + Twitter. Tigers are my favorite animals. I remember watching a documentary years ago on people eating tiger parts in China. I'll never forget it; it was so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I signed too! Hope it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Ban Tiger Trade petition has now reached 102,813 signatures! Wowee! Thank you to all the awesome people that visited the site and signed!

    ReplyDelete